Saturday, January 05, 2013

52 National Parks~ 52 Weeks



So, at the beginning of the New Year I saw a lot of challenges for people to start one 365 challenge after another...be it miles, photos, calories...lol you get the point.   Well, with my schedule, I never know where I'm going to be, or what I'm going to be doing.  I'm also just not passionate about walking/running/exercising...but I AM passionate about photography and National Parks.  So the thought occurs to me...Why not do 52 National Parks in 52 weeks?  There are a lot of places that are designated National Parks without having to travel to California or Wyoming, even though I do want to include at least one MAJOR national park in my quest this year.  But today I started at home, in my backyard, in Jacksonville FL.  Today I visited Ft. Caroline National Park, that actually included THREE parks in one small area! So even though it was three...I'm going to count it as one...however if later in the year I am unable for whatever reason to complete a park one week, I am totally planning on counting each one individually!! Today's parks were: Fort Caroline National Memorial Park, Gullah-Geechee National Heritage Corridor, Timucuan Preserve and technically a fourth because Gullah-Geechee National Heritage Corridor was divided into Timucuan Preserve and Fort Caroline sections! 
I could change the name of this blog to 52 Parks 52 Weeks...OR This-is-what-happens-when-you-buy-a-pair-of Timberland waterproof hiking boots! (Yes I got my Timberland's in September when I went to Yosemite and I completely plan on wearing them out!!)
Here are a couple of my images of the day.  I love how the lens caught a rainbow! 
















I know I may just have my head in the clouds on this adventure...but never-the-less it is my challenge to myself for the year.  I'll be sure to keep you informed on my journey!

No comments: