Sunday, June 26, 2016

Mirror mirror

A dear friend of mine recently wrote a post explaining how she had cried out to God about something and he ever so gently replied with, come, let me show you something. Then he proceeded to show her some of the ugly inside her.  Before you rush to judge, let me just say, he has been dealing with me the same way.  On a recent family trip I got the opportunity to share with my brother some of the self revelations about myself.  Not all were a surprise to him, he's known me his whole life and he knew I could be that way. Isn't that the way the truth goes?  We get a stunning revelation from God about an ugly trait of ours and those closet to us are like, how could you not know you were that way!!!  
We are great liars to ourself.  If you really want your feelings hurt read what God feels about liars! It's not hard to understand that portion of scripture!  If you are seeking wholeheartedly after God with everything in you & you don't feel like you're making progress, ask him to show you what there is between you that's keeping you apart.  If you're ready, ask him to show you your heart.  It's time we get real, and honest. Not just with God, but with ourselves. 

No comments: