Saturday, February 09, 2013

52 Parks~52 Weeks

Last week I did not go to a national park because I knew this week I would be hitting two. Unlike my first post of two parks-in-one, this was truly two distinct parks in two days. For day one I visited Florida's Everglades National Park. All of the comments I heard were similar to: "I've been coming here for years and I have never seen this many alligators out like this before." I didn't have the heart to tell them that the gators knew I was coming today and THAT must be why they were putting on a display! The park itself is a peaceful drive through the Everglades with ample places for you to stop and take photos or begin a hike away from the crowds but it also has the "popular" mix of trail and boardwalks that do not require hiking boots. However if you DO own a pair of waterproof Timberland's the park has a "sludge" trip that you can take, guided or solo (just make sure you take or tell a friend where you are and when to expect you back;) I have 198 fantastic photos! But to save on Internet space (haha and your attention span...) here is a sample. Look for day two under my post (Still At It 2-TORTUGA!)) for my second park of the day, Dry Tortugas National Park.


























No comments: