Thursday, June 07, 2007

~Its by what authority?~

Last night in church we were continuing our study on the gifts of the spirit... The associate pastor was using scripture from Deuteronomy 18:22. He reads through the scripture and like most of my blogs it hits me... So Janet, what authority did use to question those that you have no spiritual authority in their lives? (It was like my drill sargent screaming in my face lol) I really believe that in this battle of life we are truly in "Gods Army"...(Be all that you can be... fight the good fight...submit yourself under the authority...) And in the army there are ranks. You have your place in line, and you don’t break rank.
I had a cute cat once named Spencer. Spence was a humane society rescue, and he was 100% completely crazy. He would wait until you were in bed, run down the hallway so fast that his paw steps sounded like thunder coming, jump up in the bed, bite your big toe and then run off again. If you tried to stop his nightly routine he would wait until you were asleep. So it was without much hesitation that I let that "curious cat" dart for the door every time it was open to view the outside world. He was declawed and defenseless out there but he didn’t care. After about 6 months the nightly toe bitting stopped and Spence got really fat and seamed to be enjoying living with us. His new "routine" was to come lick your ears when you were trying to read. Chance and I fell in love with him. One morning I opened the door and out he darted never to return. The neighbors dog had the same idea that AM and it didn’t end well for Spencer.
I’ve heard it said that "familiarity breeds contempt" and in my case I believe it to be true. I think that I have a since of curiosity that led me to question something that I have no spiritual authority in. For that I sincerely (with the truest meaning of that word) apologize to the members of Jars of Clay, Third Day, and it’s moderating team.

No comments: