Thursday, August 23, 2007

Teshuva

Ever notice how if you decide to lay down, life will float right by but its when you decide to stand that the wind hits you harder? I saw a tree being blown by the wind today while the smaller lower lying bushes weren’t fazed.
Matthew 5:17 says, "Do not think that I have come to do away with or undo the Law or the Prophets; I have come not to do away with or undo but to complete and fulfill them."
I’ve always read over this because I’ve thought that the old law is now passed away. Until today. Driving down the road, obeying the law of the speed limit. I hear this thought in my head. So does the speed limit no longer exits? Just because its being fulfilled do I now no longer have to obey it? I know the veil has been torn and now I too can go into the holiest of the holy’s and with boldness go before the throne. But does that mean I can be brassy & bold, arrogant & assuming that my petition will be heard?
Can I assume that Jesus’ whole ministry coincided with the Jewish feasts, and after his death the apostles also remained faithful with the Jewish laws of the feast. I am not a Jew, however I have been adopted into the family through the blood & sacrifice and mercy of Jesus & the most high God. I today’s society adoptions, and split families are common place. I don’t recall ever seeing or hearing of a baby being adopted into a family & the family raising the child with the religious practices of the birth family. No, the child adopts the customs and lifestyle of the new family.
I am coming before you now Lord with a heart of repentance during this period of Teshuva. I’ll not allow myself to be self deceived. I’ll not let strife remove me from Your will for my life. Isaiah 55:7 Let the wicked forsake his way and unrighteous man his thoughts; and let him return to the Lord, and He will have love, pity, and mercy for him, and to our God, for He will multiply to him His abundant pardon.

No comments: