Saturday, May 12, 2007

~But I still haven’t found what I’m looking for~

I don’t want to chase after something that’s not there.
Dream big, reach for the sky, things we hear as kids.... But I see people chasing after things, that in 5 years wont matter anymore. I have a 5 yr rule that I gage my life by... in 5 years if this fight wont matter, then don’t let it effect things now. If someone’s comment or action will not even be a vague memory then don’t allow it to grow into a major issue now.
I’ve been accused of not "selling out" to God. Not allowing Him to have total control over my life. Of chasing after things that don’t matter to God. This baffles me, I don’t get it. I don’t see it. God I want my eyes opened to see what it is that’s drawing me, what it is Im chasing after. And if its not truly you than I repent now and ask you to forgive me. Draw my focus back to you!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

That is a good question to ask. :)

As for other people's assessment of your devotion to God, or lack of it, I think they most likely have their hands full trying to keep their own walk in order. ;) I know I certainly do.

--Melanie