Wednesday, May 30, 2007

~Its all about me~

I had the strangest dream last night. I was falling into a large swirling lake and being swallowed up by me. I thought I was further along in my walk than that! But apparently its still all about me. I saw that written out in sequins on a tee shirt lately. A very frustrating place in life is to know that you are called. To feel the calling and drawing of the Holy Spirit on your life. To have Him wake you at all hours of the night just to talk to Him. And yet see this awful mirror image of your own selfishness. I think to myself, that’s not true, that’s just a dream. But deep down I know that’s what He wanted me to see. Becoming Holy is not an easy feat.
God I am sorry that I have allowed the me of my universe to overshadow the You of this universe. To have made You small, for thinking that You think and reason like I do.
This day I will bind mercy and truth around my neck and not forsake them. I will write them on the tablet of my heart, and so find favor and high esteem in the sight of God and man!! I will trust in the Lord with all my heart and lean not on my own understanding!(Proverbs 3:3-5)

No comments: