Saturday, April 28, 2007

~Glorious Over Us~

I have decided that I will trust in and cling to the hope that is Christ Jesus. If you allow the reality of truth to touch your life then change is inevitable. You can not stay the way you are and still show what He is! One moment of the reality of truth will make you a different person on your job Monday morning than you were Friday afternoon. People will ask you, "are you ok" and make statements like, "something is different about you." Something to ponder ~ His death and resurrection paid a penalty for our sin. So now we don't have to sin. I know, I know I've heard it all my life too. "All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God" Romans 3:23 TOO BAD THEY STOPPED THERE!! Get your book and read on down! We are free to live the righteousness of Jesus the Christ and in Him there was no sin. What does that mean to me? I don't have to sin. If I sin it's because I choose to sin!! Face it, most Christians don't have to worry about stealing, killing or even fornicating. But we do fall in the area of attitude, judgements and our thought life. We've spent years justifying or qualifying our sins as "not that bad", or "if that's the worst I do then I'm ok with that." Well I'm not ok with that! I want to go a little higher than just being saved. The God of this universe hung, stretched out between heaven and earth, looked thru time, saw me and said, I'll not come down off this cross and save myself, because if I do I won't save Janet! And that is worth dying to myself, getting myself off of my hands and pursuing with everything in me righteousness so that I can be blameless before men and my father God who is in heaven and reigns glorious over us! Amen.

No comments: