Saturday, April 28, 2007

~Glory Revealed~

God you are my God, earnestly I seek you, my soul thirst for you and my flesh longs for you in a dry and thirsty land where there is no water. I have seen you in the sanctuary and because your loving-kindness is better than life my lips shall praise you! Psalms 63. I love to write the Psalms. Something about seeing it in my font makes it feel as though I'm writing it as an eternal love letter to the one who loves me unconditionally with all my flaws. He who sees my soul and loves me still! I've wondered why some fabulous songwriter hasn't taken this Psalm (my favorite one) and put it to notes to give me an instrument to usher in my praise! Loving-kindness is one of those "bible" words that's hard to walk out in the light of day, or see through the darkest night. I've seen loving and I've seen kind, and then I've seen a kind of loving. But to truly know what God's loving-kindness towards me feels like would be for me a glory revealed! A delight in my heart, a praise song that goes deeper than notes and lyric and rhyme. Everyday I press towards the presence of my everlasting God. To be so close I feel His breath on my cheek. I long to sleep with my ear on the pulse of God to hear His heart in mine.

No comments: